Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cupcakes For Two

I have been waiting for my mom to post this on the blog because she emailed it to me a while ago and I have to keep going to my email to get the recipe :)

This is a recipe for just 2 cupcakes! I recently bought a Cake Pop maker, and the two cupcakes makes one batch (12 cake pops). It's so handy! I tried to use a cake mix out of a box and it kept making cake pops, and cake pops, and more cake pops! Way too many! 
Anyway, there is a vanilla and a chocolate recipe. (I have only tried the vanilla)...here are the yummy recipes:

Well Jamie, I finally did it!  I have been waiting to try the recipes myself.  I made 4 cupcakes, 2 white and 2 chocolate.  I made a few changes to the chocolate recipe but I sure that the original recipe works fine.  I used the egg yoke in the chocolate cake, used butter like the vanilla recipe instead of oil and used chocolate milk because I had it in the house.  Luckily I didn't need very much chocolate milk since it is Christopher's favorite.

One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (May take more like 15 minutes)
Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 heaping teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons of chocolate chips, melted and cooled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with 2 liners. Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Set aside. In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in extract and oil and stir until mixed. Add in melted chocolate. Scrap into bowl with spatula since the amount isn't much. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally into liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20, or until cake is set.

Frosting for Two Cupcakes
2 tablespoons butter
Splash of vanilla
Splash of milk
Powdered sugar

Cream butter, vanilla and milk.  Add enough powdered sugar to make the frosting the consistence that you want.  Frost


No comments: