Friday, June 22, 2012

Kitchen Sink Frittata

I have made these frittatas a couple times now and Beau and I love them! I am not a big egg person so I put tons of stuff in them so they're not "eggy." They're perfect when you have a veggie tray that you need to use before it goes bad :)

In this specific frittata this is what I used:

Frozen Hashbrowns
Precooked Turkey Sausage
Cooked Quinoa
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Tomato
Red Onion
Red Pepper
Celery
Eggs/Egg Whites
Cheese

- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a frying pan, spray with pam. Heat hashbrowns and sausage. Evenly spread across the bottom of the pan. Add quinoa and veggies. You don't stir so evenly sprinkle each item on top.
- Pour eggs on top. I used 5 eggs and some carton egg whites so all the ingredients are in the egg mixture. I used a spatula and poked all around so the egg would get down to the bottom.
- Top with cheese.
(this is what it looks like when it's ready to go in the oven)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Until all eggs are cooked. You can check with a toothpick.

It is good to eat with ketchup, hot sauce and salsa.

No comments: