Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cheese Sauce On Toast

Does anyone remember this from when we were kids? For some reason I remembered this recipe yesterday and had to cook some up for breakfast. This is one of those recipes that you just put stuff in until it is the way you like it. Mom may have a very specific recipe but this is how I make it.

Butter - I used about 1 tablespoon
Evaporated Milk - depending on how many you serve is how much you use
Cheese - cut into cubes, depends on how cheesy you want it
Toast

Toast your bread, it doesn't matter if it is hot because the cheese sauce is. After bread is toasted, I like to break it into bite size pieces in a bowl.

Put butter into pan and melt. Add evaporated milk and heat. When warm add cheese, stir until thickened. My preference is to have lumpy sauce, by that I mean that I still want chucks of cheese not thoroughly blended in but they are melted. Serve over toast.

No comments: