Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken Rice Bowl

I took this recipe off of Favorite Family Recipes and made alterations to work for us.

1 bottle Mr. Yoshida's Sweet Teriyaki Original Gourmet sauce
3 chicken breasts - I had the butcher block cut these up into bite size pieces
1 head broccoli, florets only, cut into bite size pieces
1 medium zucchini, diced
2 carrots, sliced
1/4 c. celery, sliced (optional)
1/4 c. red pepper, finely chopped - I omitted
1 tsp ginger - I didn't have fresh so I used ground ginger and sprinkled some on
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes - I just sprinkled some on
4 c. white rice, cooked

Marinade chicken with Mr. Yoshida's, at least of 15 minutes. While meat is marinating cut up vegetables. Heat wok, pour in marinade and chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through then remove. Now stir fry broccoli, zucchini, carrots, red pepper, celery, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in a little bit of the Yoshida's sauce until all veggies become tender. Serve by layering 1 cup of rice in each bowl, 1/4 of the veggies and 1/4 of the chicken. Serve with sauce if needed.

No comments: