Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beef Taquitos

I found this recipe on the top of the roast beef cans that I purchased at Costco. My taquitos didn't take 20 minutes to bake so keep a close eye on them. I liked these with beef but I am thinking that I might try this with chicken.

2 12 oz. cans Roast Beef, drained
1 small can diced green chilies, drained
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
16 corn tortillas (8-inch)
Cooking oil spray
Garnish - salsa, guacamole, sour cream

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or place a baking rack over the baking sheet.

In a large bowl, mash the drained beef until shredded. Blend in chilies and seasonings, then divide the mixture into 16 portions.

Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until tortillas are completely flexible. Place one portion of filling in each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place the rolled taquitos on the prepared baking sheet; spray tops lightly with oil. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.

No comments: