Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spicy Rice & Beef

Last night I prepared Organic Harvest Medley, a gourmet blend of four uniquely aromatic California rices, and it had absolutely no flavor. We had to use a lot of salt, pepper, almonds and green onions to be able to eat it and I had prepared extra for leftovers. I didn't want to waste it so I had to come up with a recipe to use up the remainder. Steve loved it so much he told me that I had to post it on the blog so that we could make it again.


1 quart Tomato Soup
1 pint Salsa
1 lb. Ground Beef
Salt
Pepper
Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Rice, precooked


Combine tomato soup, salsa, uncooked ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours. Stir in rice and add cayenne pepper sauce to taste. Cook for an additional 1/2 hour or until warmed through.

No comments: