Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gingerbread Men

My goal this holiday season is to be more prepared so that I can enjoy it more. One of the ways I have thought of is to prepare as much food before hand. So yes I only cooked six gingerbread men and the rest are in the freezer for future baking. I love a fresh baked cookie and that is why I have chosen to not bake them and then freeze them.

I was given this recipe from Cynthia, I worked with her at Bulloch Drug eons ago.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon allspice

Beat at slow speed until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Roll, cut and bake at 350 degrees for 6 - 8 minutes.

No comments: