Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Muffin-Pan Potatoes

I found this picture on Pinterest and though they would be good for dinner tonight.  
When I clicked on the link it took me to a dead end so that meant no recipe.  I did a Google search and Martha came to the rescue.  I have modified the recipe so that I use ingredients that I always have in my home.  Steve asked where are the pancakes and eggs were so you could use the recipe for breakfast as well.
Butter, room temperature, for muffin cups
2 medium russet potatoes (about 3/4 pound each)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon flour
Cheese, shredded (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush 6 standard muffin cups with butter. Thinly slice potatoes, I used my salad shooter. Place 2 slices in each cup and season with salt and pepper. Continue adding potatoes, seasoning every few slices, until cups are filled. 

Mix melted butter, milk and flour together.  Pour 1 tablespoon of mixture over each. Sprinkle with cheese if wanted.  Bake until potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife, 30 to 35 minutes. Run a thin knife around each gratin. Place a baking sheet or large plate over pan and invert to release gratins. Flip right side up and serve.

No comments: