Sunday, September 13, 2009

CrockPot Peach Cobbler

I found this recipe on A Year of Slow Cooking and thought it worked wonderfully. This recipe has me wondering about how we make cobbler in a dutch oven and I am going to have to try those ideas and let you know how they work. One thing that I would for sure do differently is to spray my crockpot with Pam before putting in the ingredients.

2 - 15 oz. can peaches with the juice - I used two pints of peaches I had bottled this year
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice

I used my 3.5-quart crockpot that I have had for 28 years and it still keeps on cooking. Got to love it baby!!!

Pour the canned peaches into the bottom of the crock. In a separate bowl, melt the butter, then add the dry ingredients and vanilla. Stir with a fork to combine. The topping will be crumbly. Pour mixture on top of peaches. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. The pie is done when it has begun to brown on the edges and the fruit is bubbly and looks like the juice has caramelized a bit.

No comments: