Sunday, September 20, 2009

Whole Wheat 3 Chocolate Chip Cookies


My latest experiment. A tip that I have been doing since losing weight is to cook just the amount of cookies that I need and then I portion out the remainder of the dough onto a cookie sheet and throw it into the freezer. When frozen solid I put the cookie dough in a freezer bag and save in the freezer to when I want or need cookies. This way I don't have a whole cookie jar staring at me saying, "Eat me!" and I can bake just what is needed.

1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add salt, baking soda and flour into butter mixture beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoon full on a cookie sheet and bake 8 - 10 minutes.

No comments: