Thursday, March 8, 2012

Classic Waffles

I am not a Bisquick girl.  I used to be but I think it is too expensive and I have everything that I need in the house to make pancakes and waffles so why buy something special?  


I wanted waffles but I had already packed my cookbooks for the big move.  After a Google search I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.  It intrigued me because it called for ingredients that I have never used in waffles before.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended. Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.

No comments: