Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dipped Oreo Cookies

My family must have a thing for Oreos and mint. I have always loved Oreos and I remember my Grandma Birrell always had them in her cookie jar when we went to visit. I found the idea for this on How Does She and Jamie made them just like the post said. They were so delicious that I thought I would make some for my neighbors. I wanted to make them without the sticks so I tried a skewer to dip them and then I would pull the skewer out and cover the small hole with the white candy but it just took too long. I played around some more and this is my favorite look.

Oreo mint cookies, you could use any flavor
Candy melts - I used Wilton White Candy Melts
Sprinkles

Melt the candy. I used a hot chocolate mug so that it would be deeper to dip the cookies. Dip cookie and add sprinkles.

No comments: