Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blueberry Scones


My mom introduced Beau and I to blueberry scones w/frosting from Great Harvest...well I found a recipe that I actually like better than theirs! :)

Scones:

2 C Flour
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1 T Baking Power
1/4 t Salt
1/4 C Butter, chilled
1 C Fresh Blueberries
3/4 C Half and Half
1 Egg

Mix flour, sugar, powder, salt in a bowl.
Cut butter into mixture, fold in berries.
In separate bowl beat cream and egg.
Add to flour mixture and mix with spatula until dough forms.
Cut dough in half and for into two 6 inch rounds and cut into 6 wedges.
(I just scooped some out onto a cookie sheet about 3 inches round)

Bake @ 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
(Mine were done after 15, but it could be the junky 50 year old oven I have)


Frosting:

8 oz C Strawberry Cream Cheese
1/4 C Butter, soft
1 C Powder Sugar
1/2 t Vanilla

Cream cheese and butter. Mix in vanilla and gradually add sugar.

No comments: